pics

Friday, September 05, 2008

Camp switching

Ok,....
I've switched camps. 
I've gone to the mac side of the world. I can't believe i stuck to windows for so long. 
I just got an iMac. 
Specs:
20 inch screen
2.66 GHZ (Woots)
4gb RAM (w00ts)
250gb hard disk (not so w00ts, wanted more, some people don't understand my ravenous desire for space)

Mac OSX Leopard (tank LOL): Start up time : Roughly 20s
Shut Down: 10s
Windows Vista: Start up : 45s - 1min
Shut down: 30s

Mac seems unnaturally fast. And the lovely 20 inch screen.... ahhhhh.... computing paradise.
I first fell in love with mac while using for photoshop in computer studies lesson. Photoshop was lag-free.... amazing......
All my arguments are gone.
Lack of games - no problem install XP with the lovely boot camp.
Graphics Card: No problem, ATI Radeon
Speakers: Lovely built in speakers.
Price: COMEX 08!
Compatibility: So many mac apps, what's the problem
User - friendliness: How did I have a problem with that in the first place?

Ahhh.... Bliss.

Game performance

HL2 ep2 runs on near full graphics, just with shadows turned down for framerate.
Trackmania united forever the same, just shadowing
Command and Conquer 3 mid- high
Company of heroes mid -high  

Front Row runs so much faster that the windows equivalent.

iWork 08 pwns Microsoft Office upside down

Brilliant! What took me so long?

No comments: